DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A FAST-GROWING TECH COMPANY?
Stratifyd, Inc. is a B2B tech company located in Charlotte, NC and is fundamentally changing the way brands analyze the voice of the consumer. By enabling real time visibility into what customers are saying, we reduce the time to value and allow brands to make business decisions quickly.
We are members of the 2018 Mastercard Start Path class and the Microsoft ScaleUp program. Additionally, we were named as a "Cool Vendor in Analytics" by Gartner and we were just named one of "Charlotte's Best Places to Work" and the 2nd fastest growing company in Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal!
We are seeking a dynamic team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity and passion for engineering and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment to help us build our brand and provide add value.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer (Site Reliability Engineer) with Stratifyd, Inc. you will be part of a small but agile team focused on designing and building Stratifyd’s digital infrastructure and supporting customer facing web applications and the company’s enterprise data platform. In this role you will be able to implement changes while masking the gory details under a well-designed interface to help us scale our software.
Our ideal candidate is able to create highly reliable software systems with a focus on uptime, reliability, and scalability. The Cloud Operations Engineer is able to contribute to solving problems and creating solutions that help us design exciting new technologies that meet our customer needs. He/she is a results-oriented and versatile individual, who is comfortable collaborating as well as working individually.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Operate AWS and Azure cloud-based infrastructure systems to support continuous delivery and integration pipelines (Docker, Docker Swarm, Jenkins. Kubernetes)
- Operate infrastructure systems to support enterprise data science and analytics capabilities, including streaming and real-time analytics (Kafka, MongoDB, MapD, and homegrown systems).
- Build automation tools & scripts to help operational requirements
- Proactive inclination to break down complex problems into steps that drive customer value
- Configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments
Required Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in software development and/or engineering roles
- 1-3 years of experience managing Azure and/or Amazon Cloud technologies
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure automation and DevOps workflows
- Demonstrates problem solving skills through engineering solutions and open source tools
- Experience working with NTP, SAML, OAUTH2 or Active Directory
- Systems management, logging, and monitoring systems
- Solid networking knowledge in all OSI network layers
- Experience with one or more RDBMS platforms (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with NOSQL databases (Dynamo, MongoDB, etc)
- Extensive experience working on large scale IT projects related to design, deployment and configuration.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Chef, Puppet, AWS, Azure and GCP
- Self-starter able to drive towards goals and manage time effectively
- Analytical and the ability to think on the fly
- Strong skills in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Able to work in a collaborative and in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Solution-minded, results-oriented with a ‘can-do’ attitude; Flexible and agile to the needs of the business
- Comfortable sharing ideas and recommendations as a thought-partner and collaborator to the business
Submit resumes to email@example.com please include in the subject line “Cloud Operations Engineer”
This position is based in Charlotte, NC
Stratifyd, Inc. offers employees a competitive salary along with paid time off, healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k), and fun and collaborative work environment.
Stratifyd is an equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.