1. What format of data does Stratifyd accept?
Stratifyd ingests CSV, JSON, and Excel file types from your hard drive. Enterprise data connectors connect to and ingest data from MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Postgre SQL, MongoDB, Hadoop Hiveserver1, Hadoop Hiveserver2, IBM DB2, Cassandra, and JDBC Connection databases. We can also generate Voice to Text data from audio. Our team of analysts can work with you to transform any data format into an ingestible format for the platform
2. Is there a limit to how much data you can upload?
You may upload as much or as little data as you want.
3. Is there a limit to the number of sources you can connect to?
There are no limits to the number of data sources we can connect our platform to.
4. Does Stratifyd collect data?
Yes, we have a library of data connectors to different sources, and this library is always growing. Custom connectors can be developed to meet your needs.
5. How does Stratifyd connect to data?
- Enterprise data connectors allow you to import queried data from your enterprise data warehouse(s)
- Stratifyd connects to third-party and public data sources through application programming interfaces (APIs)
- We build custom data crawlers to meet your data needs
- Download large files through FTP
6. Can Stratifyd be white labeled?
Yes, you can embed our platform into your own without the Stratifyd labels.
7. How many languages do you support?
We support 25 languages: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, Filipino, French, German, Greek, Hausa, Hindi, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Shona, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Turkish, and Welsh.
8. What additional services do you offer?
We offer data analysis and technical support as well as custom lexicon, taxonomy, and stop-word generation.
9. What is unstructured data?
Unstructured data includes text, geolocational (places), temporal (dates and times), and authority (people). Structured data is typically numeric, categorical, or ordinal.
10. What hosting options do you provide?
We can host on-premise, in the cloud, or a hybrid combination of both.
11. What security measures are there to protect data?
Client data is isolated behind logical partitions as part of a multi-tenant configuration within our cloud environment. Our webservers also operate using a "stateless" configuration, which, combined with our logical partitions, prohibit data leakage between clients despite shared use of a common computing environment. Within a client's partition, data is shared between users by means of a fine-grained proprietary access control scheme that prevents access by default; ensuring that access to data must be manually permitted before it is made accessible to any party.
12. Where is data housed and is the data encrypted?
Client data in the cloud is housed partially on AWS S3 buckets, and partially within Stratifyd's internal MongoDB replica set. Regardless of storage method client data is stored encrypted at rest by default using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard, and it is always encrypted using industry standard SSL/TLS 1.2 while in transit between nodes maintained by Stratifyd and our web frontend. For clients requiring a higher degree of security clients can enforce their own encryption standard as part of our on-premise installation option.
13. How does Stratifyd’s API work?
The Enterprise Data Connector allows clients to enforce strict controls over what, when, and how much data is transmitted to Stratifyd by means of our proprietary API.
14. What does the SSL security layer in the Enterprise Data Connector application do?
SSL/TLS is an industry standard used to ensure the security of data in transit. Within our Enterprise Data Connector, this added security ensures that data transmitted with the tool cannot be intercepted by a malicious third-party while en-route to the Stratifyd platform.
15. How is sentiment scored in Stratifyd?
Sentiment is scored on a -5 to +5 scale by default. You can change individual scoring per N-gram. The built-in sentiment lexicon is over 80,000 terms. You may override or combine your own sentiment lexicons with polarity scores with the out-of-the-box sentiment lexicon built into the platform.
16. How do you track changes made by users?
The notifications tab serves as your personal audit trail for all changes, including login and logout of users within your enterprise or team with timestamps in order to protect your workflow.
17. Do you have case management?
Yes, you can create cases related to data records and track tasks within these cases assigned to users in your team to ensure your workflow is progressing as expected.
18. How do you visualize structured data?
Because structured data is not mapped, the data remains in the Original Fields section of the widget editor. To visualize this data, you interact with the desired data dimensions the same way you do unstructured data when creating a widget. Stratifyd provides a diverse array of visualization options for structured data as well as options for combining structured and unstructured data in one visual.
19. Can you set alerts for changes to data dimensions?
Yes, multiple alerts can be set for any change in a structured data element occurring after a re-processing or streaming of new data into the dataset. Alerts use AND/OR logic to determine which alerts trigger when specified changes occur.
20. How do you integrate data sources?
Stratifyd can integrate data from disparate sources through a full outer join based on primary keys.
21. How is information shared in Stratifyd?
You can share dashboards, lexicons, taxonomies, etc. through the Share feature with individual members or groups. You can create groups by adding multiple team members to your own defined group in order to efficiently share data.