DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A FAST-GROWING TECH COMPANY?
Stratifyd, Inc. is a B2B tech company located in Charlotte, NC and is fundamentally changing the way brands analyze the voice of the consumer. By enabling real time visibility into what customers are saying, we reduce the time to value and allow brands to make business decisions quickly.
We are members of the 2018 Mastercard Start Path class and the Microsoft ScaleUp program. Additionally, we were named as a "Cool Vendor in Analytics" by Gartner and we were just named one of "Charlotte's Best Places to Work" and the 2nd fastest growing company in Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal!
We are seeking a dynamic team player with strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment to help us build our brand and provide value.
As a Security Operations Specialist with Stratifyd, Inc. you will be part of an agile and growing team, playing a critical role in helping us grow our business. In this role you will be our first line of defense, protecting our network, systems, applications, and employees from damaging threats to our company and our brand.
Our ideal candidate is analytical, organized and able to take full advantage of the technology and intelligence to triage threat events, perform threat hunting, and lead incident response. The Security Operations Specialist will be a subject matter expert in security operations and involved in marketing, sales, and public relations for the company. Candidates must have a “big picture” mentality that is efficient and effective at critical thinking and problem-solving.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Perform event and incident triage, threat hunting, and incident response (to include basic malware analysis and forensic investigations)
- Use industry-leading commercial and open source software to detect, evaluate, triage, prioritize, and respond to security events
- Develop, maintain, and enforce security operations policies, standards, and processes (run books); seeking continuous improvement and driving efficiency
- Act as a subject matter expert in security operations and support marketing, public relations, sales, business development, and research and development.
- Support research and development, security module creation, automation, and process improvement.
- Support vulnerability management and penetration tests
- Provide guidance and support to the development of corporate information security policies, standards, and guidelines
- Write both technical and executive incident reports when called upon
- Continuous learning and improvement of security analysis skills to match current technical security challenges and innovations
Required Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of hands-on deep technical experience
- Security analysis, threat hunting, forensics, flow analysis, and log management experience
- IDS/IPS management, PCAP carving, file extraction, and long tail analysis experience
- Strong understanding of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of endpoint and network security
- Experience with or knowledge of vulnerability management and penetration testing of systems, applications, and networks
- Demonstrable experience with one or more of the following:
- Self-starter able to drive towards goals and manage time effectively
- Analytical and the ability to think on the fly
- Strong skills in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Able to work in a collaborative and in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Solution-minded, results-oriented with a ‘can-do’ attitude; Flexible and agile to the needs of the business
- Comfortable sharing ideas and recommendations as a thought-partner and collaborator to the business
- Demonstrates professional maturity and business acumen
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Security Certifications are nice to have but not required. A few recommended ones:
- OSCE, OSCP, GMON, GCED, GREM, GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, CISSP, etc.
- General understanding of industry standards, compliance, and legal guidelines:
- ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, SOC 2, HIPAA, etc.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org please include in the subject line “Security Operations Specialist”
This position is based in Charlotte, NC
Stratifyd, Inc. offers employees a competitive salary along with paid time off, healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k), and fun and collaborative work environment.
Stratifyd is an equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.